I can’t believe it is the last Monday in April already!! Where has the month gone?!
I’m not going to complain that it’s almost over though. The last Monday in the month means a couple things:
- Next Monday I get to one of my favorite things – mark off the last day on my desk calendar then fold up and discard April!
- May is only a week away and and that means I see Brian this weekend and then every other one through May! No more three week breaks between time together!!! Yay!!!
Another week also means another weekly workout schedule. So without further ado…
- Monday – 3 mile run, core work
- Tuesday – 5 mile run, Group Power class
- Wednesday – BoMF run, continued run to reach 7 miles, core work
- Thursday – 6 mile run, Group Power class
- Friday - 10-12 mile run, core work
- Saturday – 8 mile run, upper body free weights
- Sunday – off/yoga
This morning’s workout was exactly what was scheduled above.
A 3 mile run in 27 minutes and a .25 mile walk cooldown followed by core work.
I wanted to change up my core work so today’s routine consisted of a mix of the following exercises:
Two sets of:
- Crunches with 10lb. plate extended out (15 reps)
- Leg/Arm Extensions with 10lb. plate (15 reps)
- Twists with 10lb. plate (15 reps per side)
- Plank (60 seconds) *second set included 10 toe taps per side and 5 in/out walks of the feet*
- Side Planks (60 seconds per side)
- Bicycle Crunches (15 per side)
- Squirms (15 per side)
- Supermans (15 reps)
1 set of:
- Pushups (20 reps)
- Pelvic Thrusts (15 reps per side)
- Donkey Kicks (10 per side)
- Round Kicks (8 per side)
- Inner Thigh Raises (15 per side)
- Forward Leg Raises (15 per side)
Nice little mix up to my usual routine.
I’m trying to use up as much of my food as possible before heading back to PA to see Brian at the end of the week, so this week’s meals are going to be struggling.
I did manage to put together a pretty usual one to start today off though.
A country white alternative bagel with egg whites, ham, spinach and pepperjack cheese.
The spinach and ham were cooked right into the egg whites in my single egg pan so they are hard to spot but I promise they are there.
Proof on the spinach!!! The ham was still hiding but it was definitely there. I tasted it! And I mean I did watch myself take it from the fridge and add it into the egg whites to start. You can trust me.
Remember those cookies that I baked last night? Here is what is left of them…
They won’t be around for long though. I packed them up to be part of my lunch today.
Oh and that pint of ice cream. Must have never happened because I saw no proof of it in my freezer this morning.
Oh wait, then I checked the trashcan. Yep, there’s the empty!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday morning!!!!