Yesterday evening on my mind clearing run, I was pondering what I wanted my goals to be for this month.
I decided to take a different approach to my goals for June.
Instead of a list of random goals, I’m going to have goals focusing on specific areas of my life.
1. Running Goals:
- Fit one day of hill workouts into my running schedule. Obvious one here…San Francisco is hilly. My first marathon is in San Fran. I hate hills. I need to start loving them.
- Work on pacing myself on long runs in order to better prepare for my first marathon. I run at about an 8-8:30 minute/mile pace pending the distance of my run. I know I cannot keep that pace for
26.126.2 miles so I want to work on learning to keep myself at a 9 minute/mile pace so that I am better prepared to keep myself steady during the marathon and not burn myself out early.
2. Fitness Goals:
- Rotate Yoga back into my workout routine. I was doing well with this for a while and then fell off the bandwagon. I need to get back on that wagon so that my body and muscles love me more again.
3. Eating Goals:
- Drink more water. I do a pretty good job of consuming water on a regular basis but some days seem to be better than others. I need to be more consistent with keeping my body hydrated.
- Make a new recipe once a week. I haven’t been as creative in the kitchen as I would like to be recently, so once a week I will be either making a recipe from scratch or utilizing one of the million recipes I have bookmarked or starred in my email.
- Continue to work on Intuitive Eating. After learning more about Intuitive Eating at Fitbloggin’ I want to continue to explore it and integrate it into my eating habits. I used to count and track calories and for the past week now I have not tracked one single food item consumed. And guess what? It hasn’t caused me to overeat like I feared. I’ve been listening to my body and eating when I’m hungry and stopping when I’m full. And I feel great. It’s nice to not obsess over the calories going into my body. I’ve continued to be aware of what I’m eating which I think is necessary for everyone but I still feel very free and unrestricted with my meals and snacks.
NO MORE SPREADSHEETS!
4. Blogging Goals:
- Set a certain amount of time each week to dedicate 100% to my blog. I have so many ideas for where I want my blog to go and things that I want to implement with it but unless I take the time to give it my undivided attention, those ideas will not become reality! I’ve enjoyed blogging and the blogging community so much over my first few months of being involved and I’m looking forward to bettering not only my blog but also my ties with all of the other health and fitness bloggers out there!!
5. Personal Goals:
- Be more positive. For the most part I am a very positive person. At least in areas of my life where I am happy and that I enjoy. Other areas, that aren’t as enjoyable to me can sometimes let more negativity seep in than necessary. One example? Work. I love my job and what I do for a living but there is a ton of frustrations that I’m currently facing there (not to mention extremely challenging hours at times). Instead of being negative about them, I want to focus on finding the positives in these situations and grow both personally and professionally by adapting and making changes for the better.