Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be awarded the Liebster Award by Jess over at Just Call Me Janks!
I have known Jess since we were in elementary school together and we actually attended the same schools together all the way through high school. I have some fond memories of time spent at her house with her family while I was growing up; painting eggs for book projects and eating fish sticks for the first time. I know those are two very random memories but they are the two that stick out the most! If you get a chance head over and check out her blog about the life of 20-something in good ol’ Baltimore! You won’t regret it!
Now for those of you wondering what a Liebster is, here is the definition: “sweetheart, beloved person, darling adj. dear, darling; beloved, liked very much; affectionate, loving adj. favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others.
How flattering, right?! Thanks, Jess!!!
Rules that come with the award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Link back to the Blogger (or Bloggers) who awarded you.
- Answer the following questions, down below.
- Pass the award out and recognize other Bloggers letting them know that you love them.
- Favorite color: Pink. For someone who was such a tomboy growing up, I’m definitely as girly as it comes with my favorite color now!
- Favorite animal: Tigers. I’m not really sure why I ever started to like them but I think they are gorgeous animals.
- Favorite number: 32. My basketball number from the time I was eight until I stopped played competitively after my senior year of college.
- Favorite drink: Water – lame, I know. Alcoholic? Grey Goose and Soda.
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I use Twitter as well but it hasn’t stuck for me like Facebook did all those years ago in college.
- Passion? My boys, Brian and Telli, family, friends, fitness, sports, the beach.
- Getting or giving presents? If I really know the person I am giving to, I prefer giving over getting. When I’m not sure what to get someone and if they will like it or not, I’ll stick with getting. Although getting can be just as tough when you really don’t know why you were gifted what you were but have to put on that “oh my gosh, I love it!” face. Yikes.
- Favorite day: From this past year, October 18th. I’m sure that will change in the upcoming year though!
- Favorite flower: Gerber Daisies and Lilies.
I’m passing the Liebster Award on to these fine bloggers:
Bess at Bess Be Fit: Bess blogs about fitness, health, fashion and life. She’s pretty much my blog twin seeing that we have a ton in common! She recently moved to New Jersey with her baseball playing boyfriend, Mike. Maybe next she will be in Korea with me!
Meaghan at Choose Your Journey: Meaghan was my very first blogging buddy that I met in person. We met up for an early morning run (what else would healthy living bloggers meet up for? ) and it ended up becoming a trend while I was still living down town. Check out her blog with a little bit about her life and views on it and a lot about yoga!
Lauren at San Fran Schooling: I’ve known Lauren for many years now and used to coach her AAU basketball team. At the end up last summer, she picked up and moved across the country for the year to experience life on the west coast. Her blog gives insight to her new life in San Fran with a touch of Maryland love intertwined.
Colleen at Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill: Colleen is another local Baltimore blogger that blogs about fitness, fashion, family and life in general. She has a crazy busy life between school, a new internship with a magazine and her job as a nanny for several different families.
Cara at Chic Meets Healthy: Cara is another healthy living blogger that features a ton of fashion advice along with do-it-yourself projects and more. And like me, she’s recently engaged and planning her wedding to the love of her life – which happens to be the day before Brian and I say “I do”!
Now go check out some of my favorite blog buddies and enjoy this (Purple) Friday!!!